Mr Umar Idris, Founder and Chairman of the 21st Century Entrepreneurs Hub, on Sunday called on Nigerians to embrace innovative enterprises in order to facilitate robust economic growth in the country.
Idris, a Sokoto-based entrepreneur and member of panelists at the Innovation Support Network Hub’s Annual Gathering 2020, stressed the need for government at all levels to ease business registration hiccups.
He underscored the need for Nigerians to start thinking towards filling up all the empty cargos leaving the nation’s shores with Nigerian made products.
He said that relevant authorities should create sustainable solution to stimulate demands for homegrown solutions in the country.
“The Federal Government could look into the activities of its agencies in charge of business registrations such as Corporate Affairs Commission, National Agency for Food, Drugs Administration and Control.
“Standard Organisation of Nigeria, Export and Promotion Council, Federal Inland Revenue Service and others as a mapping process to capture start up at entry levels with emphasis on quality over quantity ” Idris said.
According to him. the agencies should facilitate soft registration fee, easy registration processes and a waiver of at least six months to one year tax, to enable businesses settle in the market.
“If successful, through the growth and maturity phases, then the Government should come for their taxes.’’ he said.
He expressed dissatisfaction with Nigeria’s listing on the 2020 World Bank’s ranking of countries ease of doing business, where Nigeria missed the 100 list in Africa.
The entrepreneur listed countries such as Rwanda ranked 38th, Kenya ranked 56th, South Africa, 84th, Zambia, 85th, Togo, 97th while Nigeria was ranked 131st.
He urged Nigerians to embrace innovative businesses and tap into opportunities and potentialities that would propel the economic growth of the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday