The deputy governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Ahmed Sokoto, has resigned his position , ROYAL NEWS has gathered .
He is a member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, serving under a PDP Governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.
The resignation which occurred on Tuesday night is long expected as he had fallen out politically with the Governor.
Tambuwal who was sure of clinching the presidential ticket of PDP failed in his bid and also could not secure the ticket for re-election in the state.
The deputy governor was said to have submitted a copy of his resignation letter to the state’s House of Assembly.
The House decided to make it secret as it was not read on the floor during Tuesday’s plenary session.
The source said the sudden resignation might not be unconnected with unforeseen circumstances that might crop up in the build-up of the forthcoming governorship election in the state.
- EFCC takes over Uzor Kalu’s properties after conviction
- SAD…. Mimiko looses 88yr-old mother
- (SEE FULL DETAILS) Kwara commissioners and their portfolios
- BREAKING… Party loyalists storm Ilorin as Gov. Abdulrazaq swears-in 16 commissioners, 4 SAs, others
- 100 Ekiti women benefit from NITDA ICT training
- UNILORIN don reveals how theatre art can contribute to national devt.
- Man grusomely murdered in Ilorin by unknown assailants (PHOTOS)
- Sowore: Senate probes alleged court invasion by DSS operatives
- 2020: Senate considers N232.8bn budget for FCT
- Senate moves to end discrimination against women Police