All Progressives Congress, APC has nominated the senator representing Sokoto East District in the National Assembly, Ibrahim Gobir as the new Leader of the Senate.
Senate President, Dr Ahmad Lawan made the announcement on Wednesday at the start of the plenary around 1.20pm after about two hours closed doors session by the lawmakers.
Gobir replaced the former Senate Leader, Abdullahi Yahaya representing Kebbi North District, who has since defected to the opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP over irreconcilable differences between him and the Kebbi State governor, Alhaji Atiku Bagudu over the affairs of APC at the state level.
The new Leader resumed duty immediately after his name was announced, while he was congratulated by the Senate President, who urged him to discharge his duties diligently.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated