Aliyu made the suggestion in llorin, while speaking with newsman on Friday on the problem facing the power sector in the country, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The expert urged the Federal Government to invest in solar power to find lasting solution to the challenges posed by endemic electricity supply in the country.
He described the problem of electricity supply in the country as the major impediment to development in all facets of life.
He said that lack of electricity cuts across socio-economic activities in the country and had negatively affected industry, transportation, healthcare and even household activities.
According to Aliyu, the quality of electricity and its affordability are defining features not only for industrial growth and development but also for good quality life for the citizens.
“Authority said power is a key factor that government must prioritise in the drive to deliver the dividends of democracy,” he said.
He said that electricity could be generated through off-grid power plants or embedded within distribution networks.
He stressed the need to create an investor-friendly environment for off-grid solutions to encourage investments in the power sector.
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour of A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto