A corporal with the Nigerian Army under the Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole, in Borno state has been reported to have killed himself after shooting at some colleagues, killing about four of them and injuring at least two.
Until his death, the late corporal, whose identity was not revealed, was a member of the Army Super Camp 15, in Malam Fatori.
Confirming the sad incident which took place on Wednesday, February 26, Sagir Musa, the acting director of Nigerian Army’s public relations, said that the wounded soldiers have been taken to a hospital in Maiduguri, the state capital, PM News reports.
Musa said: “May their gentle souls Rest In Peace. Meanwhile, investigation into the case has since been instituted to determine the circumstances that led to the unfortunate incident.”
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour of A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto