Gov. Chukwuma Soludo of Anambra on Monday called for the immediate and unconditional release of Mr Okechukwu Okoye, member representing Aguata 2 in the House of Assembly and his campaign director.
Gunmen abducted Okoye and his campaign director, Mr Cyril Chiegboka, on Sunday.
In a statement issued by Mr Christian Aburime, his Chief Press Secretary, Soludo condemned the abduction and increasing wave of insecurity in Anambra.
“The governor condemns the spate of insecurity across the state in recent times where innocent citizens have been attacked or killed.
“This is happening at a period when government is already reaching out to critical stakeholders for the restoration of peace and security to the state,’’ Aburime stated.
Soludo noted the spike in kidnapping and killing of innocent citizens and the undermining of the sanctity of lives in the state.
He said no one or group had the right to take human life with impunity, Aburime also stated.
The governor expressed his heartfelt condolences and sympathy with families of those who had lost their loved ones and property directly or indirectly.
“My government is doing everything possible in collaboration with security agencies to restore peace and security to the state in accordance with the law,’’ Soludo was quoted as saying (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community