By Kunle Akogun
The attention of the management of the University of Ilorin has been drawn to news reports in some newspapers today lusting Unilorin among 38 universities that have increased their tuition fees.
We want to state categorically that there is no iota of truth in the report. The university’s management has never met to decide on any fees increase because we are still running the 2016/2017 academic session. And in any case, Unilorin, being a federal government institution doesn’t charge tuition fees, as tuition is free in public universities. The little charges we collect are for utilities and not for tuition.
So, that report was meant to cause unnecessary panic among Nigerian parents.
Head, Corporate Affairs, Unilorin
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal