A 5-yr-old girl Emily Dover, who grew breasts aged two and started her period at four is now being forced to go through the menopause.
She was still a toddler when she developed breast buds, strong body odour and cystic acne to her parents’ shock.
She started menstruating at just four years old and, within the past 12 months, has grown hair on her forehead, back and vagina.
Her mum, Tam Dover, told Mirror Online her beautiful daughter is body conscious, aware that she is different to other children her age, but can’t understand why.
Recalling the moment Emily started menstruating, Tam, 41, said: “Because she has trouble toileting, she thought she had done a poo in her undies. “We used panty liners and it didn’t last more than a day.”
She added: “She only had her period again the other day, She hasn’t even had a chance to be a little girl. She’s having to learn how to put panty liners on for menstruating”.
When the youngster gets her period, she walks over to her devoted mum and dad, Matt, 40, and tells them that her “foo foo is bleeding”. “It’s difficult to explain to her what is happening,” She knows she’s different, she knows she’s much bigger than other children”.
She noted that she and her husband know that how they react is “how Emily will react” so they make sure they respond to situations carefully. “I don’t want her to fear what is happening,” said the mum.
Emily, who weighs around seven stone, born perfect “in every way”, a happy baby and was also smaller than her older siblings had been at birth, is due to start a course of monthly injections that kick start her body into a very premature menopause, with all its side effects that 50+ year old women have.
Her parents will have to pay the equivalent of £1,105 per shot as the working couple are not entitled to healthcare. Emily was diagnosed with Addison’s disease, an adrenal gland disorder, this summer, after years of tests.
But after just a week, things took a turn for the worse. She became unsettled, started crying out in pain and had difficulty sleeping.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies