Two strippers landed in court after they both fought in a gentlemen’s club after one allegedly called the other ‘glass eyed prostitute’ while the other one poured a jug of juice over her.
Former friends Yvonne McDermid, 36, (top right) and Cheryl Hanrahan, 45, (top left) had first clashed in a pub, a court heard.
Ms Hanrahan who has a ‘glass eye’ from an accident as a child said:
‘She could be vindictive. Earlier that night, I’d seen her in the toilets at Eden and she called me a glass-eyed prostitute.’
Later, they saw each other at Wiggle, the club where they had both worked. Ms Hanrahan told Bournemouth Crown Court:
‘I sat down maybe four or five places from her. She shouted over to me not to sit at the table. ‘I didn’t want to cause trouble but I didn’t see why I should move.
“The next thing I felt a lot of liquid being poured over me and being smashed in the face.’
She slumped to the floor, needed hospital treatment and now has scars for life.
A Witness Anthony Wilson said in court: ‘Yvonne picked up a jug of orange juice and poured it over her.
‘Cheryl went towards her in retaliation and Yvonne punched her in the head three times. ‘They were both pulling each other’s hair and Cheryl was bleeding from her face.’
McDermid said: ‘I did pour the orange juice over her because she was coming at me over the table.
‘I thought, “She threw a drink at me earlier so I’ll throw one at her now.” I didn’t throw the jug at her — I just dropped it to get it out of my hand. We both had hold of each other’s hair and ended up fighting on the floor.
‘I don’t see how a plastic jug could cause those injuries.’
McDermid has been found guilty and will be sentenced later.
Ms Hanrahan, now a beautician, said: ‘I’m glad the jury believed my version. I didn’t throw a drink over her. ‘I like to think this verdict may prompt her to take a look at herself and address her anger issues.’
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport