Tragedy struck in Ilorin, Kwara state on Tuesday as a student of Arabic studies, Ibrahim Shuaib jumped into a river and died in the process.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the victim’s lifeless body was found in Aluko river along Kuntu area of Ilorin metropolis.
Ibrahim’s corpse was discovered by some traders who were on their way to Oja- Tuntun market very close to Aluko river.
The deceased’s teacher, Ustaz Yunus Apo expressed shock over the sudden death of Shuaib,saying that he was in good health previous night when they parted.
“It was a misery that Shuaib is dead,i couldn’t believe it if I didn’t see his corpse.He was having fun with his friends last night,it was one of his friends who came to break the sad news to me”He said.
Also one of his friends who craved anonymity said Shuaib was very sound,and healthy as at the time they went to bed the previous night.
He wondered why and when he woke up and went to the stream,only to be found dead,saying”I was surprised to hear the news of ibrahim’s death,until I saw his corpse in the stream with my eyes”
When contacted,the spokesman of the state police command,Ajayi Okasanmi confirmed the incident.
“Its true.We heard that he jumped into the river to swim and died.His remains had been taken to the mortuary of University of ilorin Teaching Hospital,”he said.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants