The Commissioner of Police in Borno, Mr. Damian Chukwu has confirmed that a total of 16 people were killed following multiple suicide attacks in the city of Maiduguri on Sunday night.
The CP, who made the details of the attacks known on Monday morning, also said that 18 others who were injured as a result of the explosion, have been evacuated to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital where they were currently receiving medical attention.
Giving the account of the attacks, Chukwu said a male suicide bomber detonated IED strapped on him at Muna Garage killing himself and thirteen persons, as well as injuring five others.
He said, in another development at Muna Dalti, two female suicide bombers detonated same killing themselves and injured thirteen others.
“The injured have been conveyed to University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital for treatment and corpses have also been evacuated.
“The Police EOD unit and other Police teams deployed to sanitize scene and environs have since been active in the area this also ensure normalcy return.
Read also:Kidnap kingpin, Evans in court again
“In all, sixteen persons were killed while eighteen were injured in the three explosions,” the Police Commissioner said.
- Gunmen kill DPO in Benue
- World Hijab Day: FOMWAN hails female Muslims for upholding Allah’s command
- JAMB apprehends 6 CBT operators in Kano State
- Kwara govt gives transformers to 11 communities
- Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari