Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, Sultan of Sokoto, has appealed to elder statesmen and community leaders in the country to continue preaching peaceful coexistence in Nigeria, through educating youths irrespective of socio-cultural differences.
The sultan disclosed this via a statement issued on Friday in Sokoto by the Sultanate Council Secretary, Alhaji Umar Ladan, and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
He urges Nigerians to live in peace with one another and avoid actions that would threaten peaceful coexistence of peoples of various ethnic groups. Read also: BREAKING…..Dambazzau arrives Jos, situation calm
“Nigeria will continue to remain one nation with common goal of purposeful developments; the acts of some few bad ones among us cannot be left to tear the country apart.
Sultan warned that “those bad ones should be called to order by their elders and community leaders to stop such negative actions,’’
He further added that traditional leaders in the country are doing everything possible to bring the current situation under control and urged them to redouble efforts.
“God that brought different tribes of different religions and diverse rich and beautiful cultures to come together to form one country will surely protect its sovereignty’’.
Sultan therefore commends the Federal Government and law enforcement agencies on their collective efforts to sustain peace and development of the country. Read also: Politicians responsible for south-east mayhem—- Army Spokesman
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign