Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has reportedly filed for asylum in Benin republic.
Igboho was arrested on Monday, July 19, while he and his wife, Ropo, were making plans to fly to Germany. He was charged and arraigned in court for attempting to fly with a fake Beninoise passport.
A source who is close to the agitator says he has filed for an application to be a political refugee in Benin republic.
“He (Igboho) was already at the airport with a passport. The immigration officers suspected his passport to be fake and so they stopped him. A passport was allegedly forged for Igboho in the Benin Republic for the purpose of the Germany trip.
At the airport, they discovered he was the one. Igboho has already applied for asylum in Germany and he hopes to file a similar application in Benin Republic in the coming days,” the source told ROYAL NEWS.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63