Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has reportedly filed for asylum in Benin republic.
Igboho was arrested on Monday, July 19, while he and his wife, Ropo, were making plans to fly to Germany. He was charged and arraigned in court for attempting to fly with a fake Beninoise passport.
A source who is close to the agitator says he has filed for an application to be a political refugee in Benin republic.
“He (Igboho) was already at the airport with a passport. The immigration officers suspected his passport to be fake and so they stopped him. A passport was allegedly forged for Igboho in the Benin Republic for the purpose of the Germany trip.
At the airport, they discovered he was the one. Igboho has already applied for asylum in Germany and he hopes to file a similar application in Benin Republic in the coming days,” the source told ROYAL NEWS.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate