Super Eagles to begin World Cup qualifiers in May 2021
World Football governing body FIFA has confirmed that the Super Eagles will begin the Second Round of the Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifiers on May 31, 2021.
A new date for the second round of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
The second round of the qualifiers was initially scheduled for October 2020 but has now been postponed to next year due to the disruption of the football calendar, following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
According to FIFA, the Second Round of the qualifiers end September 2021.
Meanwhile, the first and second leg of the Third Round will be played between November 8 and 16, 2021.
The Third Round will see the 10 group winners from the Second Round drawn into five home-and-away ties. The winners of each tie advance to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
The Eagles are drawn in the same group with Cape Verde, Central African Republic and Liberia for the Second Round of the African qualifiers.
Coach Gernot Rohr and his men will hope to find their way past their rivals in Group C for a chance to feature in the tournament for a seventh time.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls