World Football governing body FIFA has confirmed that the Super Eagles will begin the Second Round of the Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifiers on May 31, 2021.
A new date for the second round of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
The second round of the qualifiers was initially scheduled for October 2020 but has now been postponed to next year due to the disruption of the football calendar, following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
According to FIFA, the Second Round of the qualifiers end September 2021.
Meanwhile, the first and second leg of the Third Round will be played between November 8 and 16, 2021.
The Third Round will see the 10 group winners from the Second Round drawn into five home-and-away ties. The winners of each tie advance to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
The Eagles are drawn in the same group with Cape Verde, Central African Republic and Liberia for the Second Round of the African qualifiers.
Coach Gernot Rohr and his men will hope to find their way past their rivals in Group C for a chance to feature in the tournament for a seventh time.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7