The Supreme Court on Tuesday affirmed the victory of David Lyon as governor of Bayelsa State.
The court dismissed the appeal filed by Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, saying it lacked merit.
In a unanimous judgement delivered by Justice Inyang Okoro, the apex court held that the lower court was right in its decision to dismiss Lokpobiri’s appeal which it said was filed outside the 14 days allowed by law.
A 5-man panel of the court insists that the cause of action complained about by Lokpobiri occurred on the 4th of September 2019 and not 7th as claimed in his petition.
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death
- Gov. AbdulRazaq inaugurates APC campaign council in Kwara
- Media expert harps on importance of free press on democracy