The Supreme Court on Tuesday affirmed the victory of David Lyon as governor of Bayelsa State.
The court dismissed the appeal filed by Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, saying it lacked merit.
In a unanimous judgement delivered by Justice Inyang Okoro, the apex court held that the lower court was right in its decision to dismiss Lokpobiri’s appeal which it said was filed outside the 14 days allowed by law.
A 5-man panel of the court insists that the cause of action complained about by Lokpobiri occurred on the 4th of September 2019 and not 7th as claimed in his petition.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections