Nigerian Army says troops of 27 Task Force Brigade, Buni Yadi in Yobe State have apprehended a suspected Boko Haram informant.
Brigadier General, Mohammed Yerima, Director, Army Public Relations in a statement issued to newsmen on Sunday indicated that the suspect is identified as Modu Ari.
“Troops of Operation Lafiya Dole have arrested suspected Boko Haram informant whose spying activities and that of his accomplices were responsible for the attacks on troops position by terrorists in Kamuya, Yobe State. The informant who was identified as Modu Ari was apprehended by troops of 27 Task Force Bridge”, the statement noted.
It further said that on interrogation, the apprehended suspect confessed to have revealed troops’ movements and position to his Boko Haram collaborators.
According to the statement, “Investigation is, however, ongoing to unravel the network of local informants whose nefarious activities have endangered troops on clearance operations around the fringes of Timbuktu Triangle”.
The Army in the statement explained that the unfortunate sabotage of troops’ movement by Ari and his accomplices made it possible for the terrorists to attack the rear element of troops on patrol.
“Though the attack was swiftly repelled by troops from the Tactical Headquarters of 27 Task Force Brigade and Army Super Camp 3 Buratai, own troops suffered some casualties.
“In spite of the setback, the Chief of Army Staff has encouraged troops of Operation Tura Takaibango to keep their fighting spirit up and to remain dedicated in the effort to flush out the remnants of the terrorists as quickly as possible,” he added.
In the statement, the Army Chief charged the gallant troops not to relent even in the face of gross unpatriotic acts of some locals who are snitching on their movements and positions.
The COAS also admonished citizens to as a matter of patriotic duty, avail the troops of credible and timely information that will help them flush out the adversaries.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections