A cigarette marketer in Gaa Akanbi area of Ilorin, Kwara state was on Monday night killed by suspected cultists, ROYAL NEWS has confirmed.
A source which craved anonymity said the victim was attacked and gunned down in his shop by a five- man gang of suspected cultists.
Consequently, some residents have deserted their homes over the development ,even as the police was reportedly combing the area ,searching for the suspects.
The cigarette seller,popularly called MM was reportedly shot in the head by one of the suspected cultists .
It was gathered that the cultists had stormed the cigarette shop to buy cigarette, but which the marketer replied was not available.
One of the suspected cult gang was at that point pointed to the cigarette inside the shop,to which MM replied had already been bought.
The victim was said to have further told the suspected cultists gang that the owner of the cigarette was even on his way to collect the pack of cigarette.
At that point,one of the suspected cult gang who was said to be more desperate about the cigarette got angry reportedly pulled a gun and shot the cigarette seller in the head.
It was gathered that even as MM was writhing in pain, the suspected cultists who drew the gun and pulled the trigger,went inside the shop,took the cigarette pack and they all fled the scene.
The spokesman of Kwara State Police Command,DSP Ajayi Okasanmi confirmed the incident.
According to him,”I learnt that there was a killing in Gaa -Akanbi area yesternight,but we are still investigating the incident”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections