Suspected cultists kill tricycle operator in Ilorin
Some suspected members of secret cult group have killed a 23 year-old commercial tricycle operator, simply identified as Samad, in Ilorin, Kwara state.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that members of a secret cult group, identified as the suspected killers of the young man, took his life and dumped his corpse in front a mosque at Abayawo area of Ilorin, Kwara state.
Witnesses of the incident, who said that the assailants shot the tricyclist, added that the assailants removed his left eye and left hand during a cult attack that occurred on Monday.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PRO) SP Ajayi Okasanmi confirmed the incident.
He said “Though they didn’t report the case, when we heard about it, our men went there but his corpse has been taken away for burial by the family before their arrival’.
It was gathered that the attack occurred at about 12 am on Sunday as residents of Abayawo and Gambari communities were apprehensive and sleepless while the trouble raged.
Sources said that rival cult groups were involved in supremacy battles, as they were said to have engaged in fierce gun battle.
A resident of Abayawo revealed that some young fierce-looking men had stormed the community in tricycles at about 9:00 pm on Sunday, armed with guns and other dangerous weapons.
The source, who said that pandemonium erupted while residents ran helter skelter as the cult members shot severally since 9:00pm, added that Samad met his death at about 4:00am when he came out and was ambushed by the cult members who reportedly shot him.
“It was while Samad was trying to manouvre his way through one corner that he was chased and was shot. After he was confirmed to have given up the ghost was when his corpse was dragged to the main road in front of the mosque while his left eye and left hand were removed and taken away.
Remains of Samad, the tricycle operator, was reportedly taken to the Muslim cemetery, Osere, Ilorin on Monday morning (yesterday) for burial.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje