A suspected female kidnapper was on Monday set ablaze by an irate mob in Ilorin, Kwara state
The incident took place at the Offa Garage area of the metropolis, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Eyewitnesses said the suspect attempted to kidnap twins babies in a school within the area on the pretence that their mother had asked her to take custody of the babies.
However,when the mother of the pupils were contacted she was said to have denied sending anyone to bring home the children.
Sources further said that sympathisers who heard the lamentation of the mother followed her and pounced on the suspect and set her ablaze.
The spokesman of the state police command, Ajayi Okasanmi confirmed that the suspect was set ablaze before the arrival of the police officers at the scene.
He warned residents to stop taking laws into their hands, adding that they should report suspects to the police for necessary action.
Okasanmi also said three people had been arrested in connection with the lynching, adding that police had commenced investigations on the matter.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory