Akinmoyede, Alh. Rafiu Alimi, Alhaji Rasheed Oladele and Kazeem Ayinde were standing trial on a two-count charge on an alleged involvement in the death of Olatoye popularly who was shot dead during the March 9, 2019 gubernatorial and State House of Assembly election in Nigeria.
Justice Mufutau Adegbola, who delivered the judgment in suit No. I/70c/2019, said the prosecution counsel has not provided any of the ingredients of murder to connect the accused with the murder of the deceased.
The justice added that the star witness in the case, Mr Olajide Olatoye, a younger brother to the deceased when putting on oath, submitted that none of all the four accused was involved in the murder of his elder brother, but one Jelili Okanlomo who is still at large, committed the crime.
The court thereafter dismissed the charge and consequently acquitted all the four accused persons with no other as to cost.
In a reaction, the counsel to the defendant, Barr. Michael Lana who was represented by Barr. Adeboye Adetayo commended the Judge for a well considered judgment, adding that the defendants have been found not to be guilty of the charges against them.
Akinmoyede also said that God has vindicated him over the allegation levelled against him on the death of Hon. Sugar, stressing that today, truth has finally prevailed with the court’s verdict that acquitted and discharged him.
The former chip whip who used the occasion to once again commiserate with the family, friends and associates of Hon. Sugar over his death, prayed God Almighty to continue to fill the vacuum that his death has created and grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi