Akinmoyede, Alh. Rafiu Alimi, Alhaji Rasheed Oladele and Kazeem Ayinde were standing trial on a two-count charge on an alleged involvement in the death of Olatoye popularly who was shot dead during the March 9, 2019 gubernatorial and State House of Assembly election in Nigeria.
Justice Mufutau Adegbola, who delivered the judgment in suit No. I/70c/2019, said the prosecution counsel has not provided any of the ingredients of murder to connect the accused with the murder of the deceased.
The justice added that the star witness in the case, Mr Olajide Olatoye, a younger brother to the deceased when putting on oath, submitted that none of all the four accused was involved in the murder of his elder brother, but one Jelili Okanlomo who is still at large, committed the crime.
The court thereafter dismissed the charge and consequently acquitted all the four accused persons with no other as to cost.
In a reaction, the counsel to the defendant, Barr. Michael Lana who was represented by Barr. Adeboye Adetayo commended the Judge for a well considered judgment, adding that the defendants have been found not to be guilty of the charges against them.
Akinmoyede also said that God has vindicated him over the allegation levelled against him on the death of Hon. Sugar, stressing that today, truth has finally prevailed with the court’s verdict that acquitted and discharged him.
The former chip whip who used the occasion to once again commiserate with the family, friends and associates of Hon. Sugar over his death, prayed God Almighty to continue to fill the vacuum that his death has created and grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections