Suspension of former Deputy Speaker of Kaduna house of assemby and member representing Basawa constituency, Honourable Muktar Isa-Hazo has been lifted after a year.
Isa-Hazo, another former Deputy Speaker Nuhu Goroh- Shadalafiya of Kagarko Constituency as well as two other members, Yusuf Dahiru of Makera constituency and Salisu Isa representing Magajin Gari constituency were suspended from all legislative activities of the House on August 11, 2020 on grounds of anti-legislative activities including causing disaffection among members and denigrating the office of the Deputy Speaker.
The former Deputy Speaker was recalled after Ahmad Muhammad, a member representing the Zaria Kewaye constituency moved a motion during plenary on Wednesday August 11.
Hon. Muhammad who noted that the suspended former Deputy Speaker showed remorse over his conduct and has been pleading publicly on several occasions for forgiveness, appealed to his colleagues to look into Isa – Hazo’s matter to recall him back to the chamber so as to enable him to continue with his legislative duty.
According to the lawmaker, this will serve as an example to the other three members to publicly ask for forgiveness so they could be recalled.
Speaker of the House, Yusuf Zailani accepted the request and also said he is awaiting the other three members to do the same. Clerk of the House was then directed to communicate the decision to Isa-Hazo, so that he will return and continue his legislative work.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92