Gov. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state has approved the recommendation of the Sultanate council for the appointment of Prof Sambo Junaidu, as the new Waziri of Sokoto.
A statement issued by the Secretary to the Sultanate Council, of the state, Alhaji Umar Ladan, in Sokoto on Wednesday announced the governor’s approval for the appointment.
Ladan sid the governor had also approved the appointment of the new District Heads.
According to him, the new district heads including: Alhaji Kabiru Alhassan, District Head of Wurno and Alhaji Bello Usman, District Head of Dange.
Others appointees are; Alhaji Nasiru Umar, District Head of Dogondaji and Alhaji Sada Dikko, District Head of Gande.
Ladan also said the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, had approved Dec. 9 as the date for the turning of the new Waziri of Sokoto and the four new District Heads.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports the new Wazirin Sokoto succeeds his brother, late Dr Usman Junaidu, (85) who died on Oct.10
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes