The governor said that Emefiele’s continued stay in office, after openly identifying himself with a political party, should not be encouraged.
However, Emefiele, while reacting through his verified twitter handle, on Saturday rejected the forms.
He said that, should he decide to contest for the political office, he would prefer to use his personal resources.
Speaking further, Tambuwal told the delegates that he would respect a consensus arrangement of the party for the presidential slot, if done fairly.
He expressed satisfaction at the warm reception and support he received from delegates in the state.
In his response,Ishaku said that the country needed a competent leader, who would harness the abundant resources of the state and ensure the security of lives and property.
The governor said that given the rich endowment of the state, a serious president should focus on the state alone and create massive wealth for the country outside crude oil.
He called on all politicians to play the game by the rules, to avoid a total breakdown of law and order across the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES