The governor said that Emefiele’s continued stay in office, after openly identifying himself with a political party, should not be encouraged.
However, Emefiele, while reacting through his verified twitter handle, on Saturday rejected the forms.
He said that, should he decide to contest for the political office, he would prefer to use his personal resources.
Speaking further, Tambuwal told the delegates that he would respect a consensus arrangement of the party for the presidential slot, if done fairly.
He expressed satisfaction at the warm reception and support he received from delegates in the state.
In his response,Ishaku said that the country needed a competent leader, who would harness the abundant resources of the state and ensure the security of lives and property.
The governor said that given the rich endowment of the state, a serious president should focus on the state alone and create massive wealth for the country outside crude oil.
He called on all politicians to play the game by the rules, to avoid a total breakdown of law and order across the country.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year