The Theatre Arts and Motion Picture Practitioners’ Association of Nigeria, TAMPAN has summoned actor Yomi Fabiyi his controversial new movie ‘Oko Iyabo’.
The movie seemed loosely based on Baba Ijesha’s rape saga with real names of those involved in the case, and also reportedly making it look like the minor was having an affair with Baba Ijesha who is now facing trial for child molestation and sexual abuse.
TAMPAN’s Director of Research and Documentation, Yemi Amodu said Fabiyi was invited because the movie has sparked off another round of dissension between the group and the public.
The statement read;
“The TAMPAN Committee on Ethics, Conflict and Resolution wishes to inform the general public that the association has summoned Mr. Yomi Fabiyi who is the Producer/Director of the controversial film titled “OKO IYABO” to appear before it on Thursday 8th July 2021.
“This invitation becomes very necessary because of the controversy that the subject matter of his film has generated which is against our ethic and virtue.
“Despite that, we realize that the film has sparked off another round of dissension between TAMPAN and the public; this is unacceptable to us and unsuitable to what we represent.
“We hereby implore the general public and the parties concerned to please exercise patience as our eminent association is on top of this issue and will certainly ensure fairness and justice.”
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74