The Oyo State Government has announced the appointment of Prof. Ayobami Salami as the pioneer Vice-Chancellor of Technical University, Ibadan.
The Secretary to the State Government, Mr Olalekan Alli, said in a statement in Ibadan that Gov. Abiola Ajimobi had approved the appointment with immediate effect for a term of five years.
Until the latest appointment, Salami was Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and Director, Institute of Ecology and Environmental studies at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.
The statement described the new vice chancellor as a widely travelled scholar and environmental consultant with previous teaching and research experience at the University of the Gambia, The Gambia.
He was also at the University of Dar es Sallam, Tanzania, and International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation, Enschede, The Netherlands.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the newly licensed tertiary institution is located in an industrial hub of the state’s Free Trade Zone designed to accommodate 175 manufacturing concerns.
The state-owned university, the statement said, would commence full academic activities in September, 2017.
“The university’s mission is to cultivate a cadre of technical professionals with requisite entrepreneurial skills capable of creating jobs and employment.
“This will be done by imparting sound theoretical knowledge and practical skills in various trades and disciplines to students.
“The focus is to provide the training and learning environment that will produce exceptional graduates who are socially-conscious and technically-competent,” the statement said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections