A Magistrates Court sitting in Ibadan has sentenced a teenager, Muyideen Nasiru, to 39 months imprisonment for stealing items worth N500,000.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Nasiru stole aluminium frames and other items belonging to a church.
Magistrate O.K. Omotosho sentenced Nasiru after he pleaded guilty to a three-count charge of conspiracy, break-in and stealing. Omotosho said the convict should spend his prison term at Agodi Prisons, Ibadan.
He said: “The young boy is a thief, no doubt. He has a godfather, who buys the stolen things from him, the society will be better for it if he is incarcerated; he may learn a thing or two in prison.”
He is hereby sentenced to three months imprisonment on count one, 18 months on count two and 18 months on count three,’’ Omotosho insisted that the sentence should run concurrently.
Also speaking, Mr. Olalekan Adegbite, Police prosecutor, said the accused committed the offences with some others still at large at Christ’s Ambassador Church, Inalende, Ibadan.
Adegbite said the accused stole four church bells, a drum set, window frames and four gas lamps.
Adding that the offence contravened Sections 390 (9), 415’and 516 of the Criminal Law of Oyo State, 2,000 and punishable under same section.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment