The UK police say the Friday, October 15 killing of Conservative MP Sir David Amess is being treated as a terrorist incident.
Sir David was stabbed multiple times at his constituency surgery in Leigh-on-Sea in Essex on Friday and a 25-year-old British man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder.
In a Saturday morning, October 16 statement, the Metropolitan Police have revealed the killing has a potential link to Islamist extremism.
Reports say the politician appears to be of Somali heritage.
The Met said officers are carrying out searches at two addresses in the London area and are not seeking anyone else over the death.
The police say they believed the man, who is in custody in Essex, acted alone but inquiries into the circumstances of the incident are still ongoing.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy