Facts have emerged that the immediate past Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, may join other Muslim faithful in the Friday congregational (Jumat) prayer. This will be Sanusi’s first Jumat prayer outside his royal life since he was deposed from the throne.
ROYAL NEWS reports that all roads lead to Awe local government of Nasarawa state where sympathizers are planning to have direct contact with the deposed emir in a peaceful and calm atmosphere with relaxed security.
A resident, Mallam Ibrahim Usman Fulani said: “I am a Fulani man who rears cows. When I heard the news, I rushed to town to confirm. I wanted to travel but I will not until I observe Friday congregational prayer with him. Many people are waiting for that historic moment,” he said.
However, findings revealed that Awe, a community located about 90 kilometres from Lafia is said to be settlement where power supply was being rationed on one-day-on and one-day-off basis in the area.
It has a good tarred road but lacks basic amenities as residents buy water from vendors. A cart of 10 gallons containing 20 litres is sold for N200.
In another development, the deposed Emir has consented to serve as the Vice-Chairman of the board of Kaduna Investment Promotion Agency (KADIPA) and Chancellor of Kaduna State University (KASU).
Governor Nasir el-Rufai on Tuesday appointed Sanusi into the board of KADIPA to serve as vice-chairman, a day after he was dethroned as emir of Kano. The appointment was followed by another to serve as Chancellor of KASU less than 24 hours after the first one was made public.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption