Three employees who work for former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, have been released two days after they were abducted.
The farmworkers were abducted around Kobape area of Ogun State around 6 pm on Wednesday, September 8.
They were said to be on their way to one of Obasanjo’s farms at Seseri village around Kobape when they were abducted by gunmen who reportedly emerged from the bush and shot at the Hilux vehicle conveying them. The kidnappers then took them to an unknown destination inside the bush.
On Friday evening, September 10, the Ogun State police spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the rescue of the victims, saying they were released without paying any ransom.
According to Oyeyemi, the kidnappers had no choice but to release the workers as pressure was mounted on them by the operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping squad and SWAT.
Oyeyemi hinted that the operatives, immediately the incident happened, moved into the bush, mounting serious pressure on the abductors.
He said: “We mounted a lot of pressure on the kidnappers. Since Thursday, our anti-kidnapping and SWAT operatives have been in the bush searching for them.
“They were able to trace them to the bush behind Day Waterman College. They have been there since yesterday.
“This evening, they released them unhurt without any ransom.”
He said no arrest has been made yet.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo