Three persons were reportedly killed when men of the Nigeria Custom Service (NCS) and motor dealers engaged each others in a gun duel at Bode-Saadu, the headquarters of Moro local government area of Kwara state.
Another three persons said to have sustained varying degrees of injuries during the confrontation were currently receiving medical treatment at a private hospital in Bode-Saadu .
According to an eyewitness who spoke to ROYAL NEWS, the motor dealers coming through illegal route from Cotonou, Benin Republic when they met the men of the NCS who had reportedly laid an ambush for them.
He added that an attempt by the motor dealers to evade arrest prompted the to give them a hot chase, leading to exchange of gun shots by both sides.
The eyewitness added that, during the gun duel, three persons were hit by bullets while three others sustained serious injuries.
There was unconfirmed report that, one of the three persons that were feared killed in the attack was a custom officer.
The spokesman of Kwara state police command, Ajayi Okasanmi who confirmed the incident said that it happened on Monday evening at Bode-Saadu in Moro local government council of the state.
He said that the incident was between the men of the NCS and motors dealers who were returning from Cotonou.
Okasanmi who said that three persons sustained injuries during the exchange of gun fire, added that only one person later died.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7