A three-year-old child who was abducted along with 136 students of the Salihu Tanko Islamic school in Tegina, Niger state, has died.
The body of the child was found one week after the students were abducted by gunmen from the school who stormed the school premises armed with arms and ammunition.
The gunmen marched the pupils and their teachers into the forest where they have held them hostage since.
The Nation reports that the body of the child was discovered a few kilometres away from Tegina town. The father of one of the abducted students, Tanko Zegi, confirmed the death of the child. The cause of death remains unknown.
Meanwhile, two women whose children were abducted by gunmen have died from shock.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal