Before Meghan Markle granted an interview to Oprah Winfrey to talk about the reality of being married into the Royal family and how it affected her, Prince Andrew’s ex-wife Sarah Fergus and Princess Diana had also granted an interview to talk about how hard being married into the family is.
In an old interview with Oprah Winfrey, Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, revealed the reality of being married into the Royal family is way different from what people outside see.
She talked about feeling a sense of “hatred” for herself in the palace.
There’s also an old video of Princess Diana sharing her experience as a member of the British Royal Family and how tough it was for her.
With a sad face, Princess Diana talked about the “establishment I married into”
Diana said in the 1995 BBC interview: “I’d like to be a queen of people’s hearts, in people’s hearts, but I don’t see myself being Queen of this country.
“I don’t think many people will want me to be Queen.
“Actually, when I say many people I mean the establishment that I married into, because they have decided that I’m a non-starter.”
Years later, Princess Diana’s son’s wife, Meghan Markle granted an interview to express a similar feeling.
In the interview that aired on March 7, Meghan disclosed that she felt suicidal while in the palace as a working member of the royal family.
Swipe to watch the videos below.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment