One of the billionaire co-founders of TikTok is stepping down as CEO of ByteDance, the Chinese company that owns TikTok.
Zhang Yiming, 38, said Thursday, May 20, that he will leave the role because he lacks managerial skills. He added that he preferred “reading and daydreaming” to running the tech giant.
According to Bloomberg, he resigns with a net worth of $44.5billion, making him 31st on a list of the world’s richest people.
On Monday, May 24, Zhang announced his resignation in an official letter to his employees. he reiterated that he lacked some skills that’d make him an ideal manager.
“The truth is, I lack some of the skills that make an ideal manager. Similarly, I’m not very social, preferring solitary activities like being online, reading, listening to music, and daydreaming about what may be possible,” he said.
Zhang Yiming will step down at the end of the year to focus on long-term strategy.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector