Tinubu on medical trip to Europe, not work visit – Bwala
Atiku Abubakar’s spokesman, Daniel Bwala, claimed Tinubu’s trip was a medical follow-up and not a working trip, as stated by his media team.
The camp of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to the report of the President-elect, Bola Tinubu departing Nigeria for Europe.
Bwala said calling Tinubu’s journey a working trip is wrong because he’s not the president yet.
Tweeting, Bwala wrote:
“Now they have learned to call the medical follow-up trip a working trip.
“Hold on; he is not yet the president, so technically, it is wrong to call it a working trip or visit.
“His media people should learn to humanize him so they do not have to make lies statecraft.
“We have seen the movie before.
“Whilst PMB’s media people were busy saying the president is on a working trip or visit, PMB keeps saying “I have never been this sick before”.
“I thought Tinubu’s media aides would learn from that; alas if it didn’t Dey, it didn’t Dey.”
Recall that a statement by Tinubu’s spokesperson, Tunde Rahman, that the President-elect will use the opportunity of his trip to Europe to finetune the transition plans, programmes and policy options with key aides without distractions.
Tinubu is also expected to engage with investors and allies to market investment opportunities for the country during his trip.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje