Former Governor of Benue state, George Akume was on Wednesday, June 7, sworn in as the secretary to the government of the federation (SGF).
Vice-President Kashim Shettima; Senate President Ahmed Lawan; AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, Governor of Kwara state; and Folashade Yemi-Esan, head of the civil service of the federation, were present at the brief ceremony which took place at about 11:16 am at the council chambers of the presidential villa, Abuja. Some former governors also attended the event.
Akume was Governor of Benue state from 1999 till 2007; the same period Tinubu governed Lagos. He also served as minority leader of the senate from June 2011 to June 2015.
- Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news– Soludo
- MURIC HAILS ARMY OVER KADUNA GUN FACTORY DISCOVERY
- JUST IN….NIPR Insists Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale not ‘Qualified’ for PR Job
- My appointment’ll foster closer ties between government and communities— Tinubu’s SSA
- (PHOTOS) Another Kano Princess, Asmau AbdulKadir Marries Iwo High Chief
- Breaking…. Kwara gets new Commissioner of Police, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji
- What police did to late Mohbad’s body after autopsy
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption