A toddler was allegedly strangled to death and thrown in an oven by his grandparents after he “cried too much” while they were babysitting.
Parents Maria, 20, and Dmitry, 25, returned home in the Kuybyshevsky district of Novokuznetsk, Russia, to find only the clothes of their son Dima, 2. They discovered his remains dumped outside the house in the snow, according to law enforcement in Russia.
The grandparents, aged 52 and 48, were both “heavily drunk” as they became irritated with the little boy’s tears, Plohie Novosti reports.
The accused couple, who have not been named in Russian media, was arrested on suspicion of murder.
A statement from the Russian Investigative Committee (IC) in the Kemerovo region said:
“They located the little boy’s clothes in the house, but not him.
“The grandparents were both in the state of strong alcoholic intoxication.
“Next to the house the parents found the body of their son in the snow, and called investigators of local IC and police.
“Forensic analysis will establish the exact reason for the little boy’s death.”
The child’s other grandmother posted online saying: “Our poor little boy, how could we not save you?”
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo