A 29-year-old man, Togolese, Laonard Aglossou, who allegedly defrauded two men of N4.8million under the pretext of assisting them purchase vehicles was on Wednesday docked in Lagos.
The accused, appeared at a Surulere Chief Magistrates’ Court on a two-count charge of obtaining under false pretence and stealing.
Aglossou, whose address was not provided at the court, was accused of defrauding Ifesinachi Dibua and Obayemi Sunleye.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Christopher Okoliko, told the court that the
accused committed the offences at about 11.00a.m.,
sometimes in October at No. 19. Olu Irolu St., Ijeshatedo area of Lagos.
The prosecutor said that the accused fraudulently obtained N4,800,000 from Dibua and Sunleye, under the pretext of
asssisting them to buy one Toyota Highlander 2006 model jeep and a Toyota Hiace bus.
He alleged that the accused rather than use the money for the purpose it was meant for converted the money to his personal use.
The offences contravened Sections 285(a)(b) and 312 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011. The accused pleaded not guilty.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs M.I. Dan-Oni, granted the accused bail in the sum of N 1 million with two sureties in like sum.
Dan-Oni, however, ordered that one of the sureties must be a resident in Lagos.
She ordered that the sureties must be working in a reputable organisation and owner of landed property.
The magistrate also said that sureties should provide evidence of tax payments, while their addresses should be verified.
Dan-Oni therefore adjourned the case till Jan.23. for mention.
- Civil Defense Receives Bags Of Rice As Palliative In Kwara
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others