Tonto Dikeh reacts as NCPC denies appointing her as Peace Ambassador
Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has reacted after NCPC denied her claims that she was appointed as an ambassador for peace building for the commission.
The actress had taken to Instagram to announce the news of her appointment. She wrote in part “I AM NOW A PROUD NIGERIA CHRISTIAN PILGRIM COMMISSION(NCPC) AMBASSADOR FOR PEACE BUILDING••”.
She also called for people’s prayers as she embarks on peace building across the six (6) geopolitical Zones of the Nation because peace is indispensable.
Shortly after her announcement, the NCPC dismissed her claims as false in an official statement.
The press statement reads:
“The Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission NCPC wishes to state in categorical terms that King Tonto Dikeh paid an official courtesy visit to the Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Christian Pilgrim Commission Rev Yakubu Pam on 25th February, 2021 at the corporate headquarters of the Commission in Abuja.
“As the founder of Tonto Dikeh Foundation, she expressed her willingness and interest in partnering with the Commission in the area of peace building.
“She equally cashed in on the visit to commend the NCPC boss for his positive and relentless peace initiatives across the country.
“However, we are suddenly inundated with claims from King Tonto Dikeh herself that she has been officially appointed as Ambassador of peace by this great Commission. This claim has gone viral in the media.
“The Commission frowns at this claim which is a clear misrepresentation of what transpired.
“The fact remains that the Executive Secretary of NCPC never appointed King Tonto Dikeh an Ambassador of Peace for NCPC and this was not part of her visit therefore this claim by her is spurious, unfounded and should be discarded and seen by all Nigerians as a figment of her imagination.
“Nevertheless, we appreciate her desire to partner with us in our peace building initiatives and in the area of pilgrimage sponsorship to the Holy Land.”
Reacting to the commission’s statement via an Instagram post, Tonto Dikeh insisted she didn’t lie about the appointment. She added that she has video proofs to back her claims but she will rather respect the Commission’s decision and take the fall.
See her post below,
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls