A Magistrates’ Court in Jos on Monday sentenced 3 traders, Haruna Adamu 23, Hassan Usman 25 and John Peter 21, to six months imprisonment for illegal possession of firearms
The Magistrate, Tapmwa Gotep sentenced the traders after they pleaded guilty.
Gotep said for conspiracy each convict was to pay N10,000 fine each and another N10,000 for illegal possession of firarms and in default to spend 6 months in prison, the sentence to run consecutively.
Gotep said the judgment would serve as deterrent to those who would want to indulge in such act.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Insp Monday Dabit told the court that the convicts were arrested at a check point on April 16, by police men of the police.
The prosecutor told the court that the convicts conspired and hide the ammunition inside a gallon.
Dabit said the offence contravened the provisions of section 59 of Plateau Penal Code Law and 27(1)(B)(Ii) of firearms
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq