Against the backdrop of the current global challenges of coronavirus pandemic, the Alangua and Magaji forum of the Ilorin Emirate Council has ordered the immediate suspension of its activities across the emirate.
The group also expressed readiness to implement the order of the Emir of Ilorin, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, of the suspension of congregational prayers and Jumat service in their respective domains.
The Publicity Secretary of the group, Alhaji Saliu Malomo Mohammmed in a statement issued on Wednesday directed all its members to ensure strict compliance to the new directive at all levels.
Alhaji Malomo who is also the Magaji Masudo however express the continued loyalty of the group to the Emir in a bid to further ensure adequate prevention of coronavirus outbreak in the Ilorin emirate and beyond stressing that “prevention is better than cure.”
The group also commended the Kwara State government for the measures adopted to ensure sanity in the State adding that fervent prayers and calmness is required at all times.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign