Against the backdrop of the current global challenges of coronavirus pandemic, the Alangua and Magaji forum of the Ilorin Emirate Council has ordered the immediate suspension of its activities across the emirate.
The group also expressed readiness to implement the order of the Emir of Ilorin, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, of the suspension of congregational prayers and Jumat service in their respective domains.
The Publicity Secretary of the group, Alhaji Saliu Malomo Mohammmed in a statement issued on Wednesday directed all its members to ensure strict compliance to the new directive at all levels.
Alhaji Malomo who is also the Magaji Masudo however express the continued loyalty of the group to the Emir in a bid to further ensure adequate prevention of coronavirus outbreak in the Ilorin emirate and beyond stressing that “prevention is better than cure.”
The group also commended the Kwara State government for the measures adopted to ensure sanity in the State adding that fervent prayers and calmness is required at all times.
Facebook Comments Box
- New Naira: Tight security at banks against customers’ attack
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son