The governor, who spoke at the 20th coronation anniversary and 60th birthday celebration of the Onipe of Ipee, Oba Muftau Lawal, on Sunday in Ipee, said that his administration acknowledged the strategic roles the traditional rulers were playing in the state..
AbdulRazaq commended the Onipe for ensuring peace and development in his community, even as he congratulated him on his 20th anniversary on the throne.
“We are proud of you, especially the way you have kept this kingdom together for the past 20 years.
“With your career, starting from Kwara State Polytechnic to Zamfara and back to the throne here, you have left a good record.
The traditional ruler, on his part, said that the present administration had made indelible mark in the lives of the people of Ipee community with the various projects so far executed.
He thanked AbdulRazaq for not only giving them a sense of belonging but also, for impacting the lives of the people positively.
Lawal also commended the governor for elevating the Onipe stool and for the comprehensive renovation of the primary and secondary schools in the community.
“We cannot pray for and thank the government enough for making the lives of our children and indeed, everybody comfortable, and for improving the lots of our community,” he said.
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano