Two Members-Elect of the Kaduna State House of Assembly have lost their Certificates of Return issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The affected politicians are; Haruna Aliyu popularly known as Chakis and Ibrahim Ismail, are both members of the Assembly and represent Kaduna North II (Kawo) and Kaduna South II (Tudun Wada) constituency respectively.
It was gathered that at the October 7, 2018 primary elections in which both men contested, two other aspirants, Yusuf Salihu and Nasiru Usman polled 104 votes and 49 votes respectively.
The All Progressives Congress (APC), however, substituted Salihu and Usman’s names with that of Aliyu and Ismail who scored 24 and 35 votes respectively and submitted same to INEC as the party’s candidates.
While delivering judgment on April 16, Justice Z. B Abubakar, the president judge, said having scored the highest number of votes cast at the primaries, Nasiru Usman is the nominated candidate for the election to represent Tudun Wada constituency (Kaduna South II) in the state Assembly.
The judge said the purported substitution of the name of Hon Yusuf Salihu for the Kaduna State House of Assembly election, Kaduna North II constituency, is in violation of the provision of section 33 of the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.
Subsequently, INEC issued Certificates of Return to Yusuf Salihu and Nasiru Usman, in compliance with the court’s orders .
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections