Firing incident on Tuesday ensued between two rival groups within premises of a court in Pakistan’s eastern city of Lahore leading to the death of two lawyers, local media reported.
According to local reports, the incident occurred in the Lahore session court when two groups opened fire at each other, killing one lawyer on the spot while injuring another, whom later succumbed to injuries on his way to the hospital.
Following the incident, a heavy contingent of police reached the court premises and cordoned off the area.
Security was tightened in and around the court building and a search operation was launched, with both entry and exit points closed off.
This is the second incident of firing in less than a month at the session court in Lahore, the capital city of Pakistan’s east Punjab Province.
On January 31, an unknown number of gunmen opened fire outside the premises of session court in Lahore.
A police officer and under-trial prisoner were killed while another police officer was injured in the firing incident.
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget