Arrangement is on top gear by the Kaduna state government on how the deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, will visit Kaduna to receive his letters of appointment as the Vice Chairman of Kaduna Investment and Property Agency and Chancellor of Kaduna State University, (KASU).
Secondly, it is expected that Sanusi will attend jumat prayer along with other Muslim faithful in Awe town, Awe Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Sanusi II has in the last few day become the toast of many admirers and lovers of fair-play.
It would be recalled that the Attorney-General of Kano State, Ibrahim Muktar, yesterday said the state government did not banish Sanusi II. Muktar, while speaking on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme, said the state government was clear in its press statement on Monday that Sanusi was deposed but never made any reference to banishment.
“If you listened to the Secretary to the State Government when he was addressing the press on the issue of the removal of the emir from office, there was no where he stated that the emir was banished from Kano State.
“So, the decision of the government on Monday was that he was removed from office and a new one appointed. The issue of banishment was not part of the decision of the Kano State government,” the attorney-general said.
Muktar said security agents decided to whisk Sanusi away from Kano State due to intelligence reports they had. He said it was normal practice for deposed emirs to be moved away to maintain peace in the state, adding that such action was not in contravention of the constitution which guarantees freedom of movement.
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo
- Gov. Oyetola signs N138bn Budget into law