Nigerian Army Captain, Dogari Kefas Apyeyak murdered along Kaduna-Brinin Gwari road on September 10 has been laid to rest.
The officer, who was killed less than two months to his wedding, was buried in his country home, in Ussa LGA of Taraba State with full military honours.
He was shot by armed robbers on his way to Ilorin where he was attending a French Course at the Nigerian Army School of Education Sobi Barracks in Ilorin Kwara State.
The deceased was born on 31 July 1984 in Kano to the family of MWO Dogari Emmanuel Apyeyak. He was a kuteb by tribe, and hails from Lissam Ussa LGA of Taraba State.
Apyeyak attended Air Force Primary School Kano from 1988 to 1997.
He had his post primary education at Nigerian Military School Zaria from 1997 to 2003 before proceeding to Kaduna Polytechnic to study Science Laboratory Technology.
He gained admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy in 2006 as a member of the 58RC.
Apyeyak graduated in September 2011 with a B.Sc in Biological Sciences and was commissioned to the rank of Second Lieutenant.
He was posted to Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery, deployed to 342 Artillery Regiment and appointed Troop Commander from September 2011 to September 2013.
He became a Lieutenant in 2012 and subsequently Captain in 2016.
Apyeyak attended several courses some of which include: Young Officers Course Artillery, Intelligence course at Nigerian Army School of Intelligence, LOC Officers Course at Nigerian Army School of Artillery.
He served with the United Nations African Union Hybrid Missions in Dafur with NIBATT 43 as a Platoon Commander from December 2013 to January 2015. He was posted to 122 Task Force Battalion and appointed Platoon Commander.
Apyeyak later joined Battalion in Gowza, Borno State with Operation Lafiya Dole and appointed Adjutant from 2015 until he was released to attend a French course.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL