Police has arrested members of two notorious kidnap gangs along the Abuja-Kaduna highway on Thursday and recovered two AK 47 rifles, 16 locally-made guns, cutlasses and charms.
The suspects included the leader, Umar Babuga, 27; Umaru Kiri, 26; Abdullahi Tambaya; Abdulkarim Musa, 27; Isah Musa, 30, and others. Read also: Two notorious kidnap gangs nabbed along Abuja- Kaduna express way
Moshood said the arrests were the result of the deployment of additional two units of special police forces in the road to complement ‘Operation Absolute Sanity’ on the Abuja-Kaduna highway.
He added that the new units, which were relocated to some roads around the Jere-Abuja areas, arrested the suspects in their hideouts and camps and also rescued some of their victims.
The FPPRO added, “In the operation that is still ongoing, two different vicious and notorious kidnap-for-ransom gangs were dislodged in their hideouts and camps between Jere-Kaduna and Jere-Abuja axis.
“A total of 13 suspected kidnappers were arrested in the operation and they confessed to the offence and admitted to the various criminal roles they played in the commission of the crime.” the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had directed the Assistant IGPs and commissioners Read also: Ex-Super Eagles Coach, Onigbinde divorce wife after 30yrs of police in the zones and commands to replicate the same anti-kidnap operation on the highways and major roads in other parts of the country.
“They are also to beef up security in their areas of responsibilities and ensure massive deployment of armed police personnel, patrol teams and undercover operatives in black spots, flashpoints and other vulnerable criminal spots to nip in the bud all forms of crimes and criminality nationwide.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank