Two senior officials of the Saving One Million Lives Programme for Result (SOML-PforR) have been suspended by the Kwara State Government for allaged financial irregularities and inconsistencies in the handling of funds.
They are the SOML-PforR state Programme Manager, Dr. Ibrahim Omar and the programme accountant, Alabi Rahman Olalekan.
Their suspension, according to a statement by the state Ministry of Health, in Ilorin on Wednesday, is connected to alleged mismanagement of some N170m SOML-PforR’s fund.
The statement said preliminary probe into the allegations, revealed ” Some inconsistencies and that efforts to get the officials to offer satisfactory explanations and verifications were being deliberately frustrated.”
It explained that the officials were suspended from the programme ” To enhance uninterrupted investigation.”
The statement urged the officials to co-operate with the inter ministerial investigative committee empanelled to look into the financial transactions of the SOML-PforR, between December 2019 and May 2021.
Signed by the Press Secretary of the Ministry, Falade Gbenga Tayo, the statement said the steps to sanitize the programme, were in line with the transparency and accountability drive of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion