Dr. Yusuf Abdulraheem, the Chief Medical Director (CMD), Yusjib Industrial Medicare, Ilorin, says it took the hospital several hours of intensive care to resuscitate two patients who ingested snipper on Wednesday.
Dr Abdulraheem told newsmen in Ilorin on Thursday that the first case was that of a woman, which was reported to his office at about 5:00 a.m.
He said that the woman drank the banned substance because of alleged infidelity by her husband.
The CMD said when the husband saw his wife drinking the Snipper, he quickly hit her hand away from her mouth, spilling the remaining content on him.
“When they came to the hospital, the odour of the substance was all over the husband.
“We placed her on observation for six hours and we ensured that she was free of the agent before we discharged her,” Abdulraheem said.
The CMD said another case was more serious than the first one when the matter was reported to the hospital around 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
He said it took him and his team no fewer than 12 hours to resuscitate a 27-year-old man, who he simply identified as Seyi.
He said when the patient was brought to the hospital, he was almost lifeless, gasping for breath.
Abdulraheem said the team did all it could to flush out the poison from his system.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport