Two suspected kidnappers has been arrested for attempting to abduct a 2-yr-old boy, Darasimi Tijani in Orile-Agege, area of Lagos state.
The suspects Muritala Lado and one Bassey were apprehended on Monday by Lagos Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) for allegedly luring Darasimi with N50.
It was gathered that the suspects specialize in kidnapping and selling children for N10,000.
According to reports, the incident happened at about 9a.m, when the kidnappers realised that Darasim’s guardian, Mrs. Fatimo Balogun, went in to attend to the need of other kids.
A Passersby, suspected the kidnappers’ sinister moves and raised the alarm which led to their arrest by a mob.
The swift intervention of the LNSC officers saved the suspects from being lynched. Bassey was said to have disguised as a madman but later opened up that he was sane.
It was gathered that the suspects confessed to have been into kidnapping of minors, adding that they sold each kid for N10,000.
They allegedly confessed that they used N50 and honey to lure their victims.
- Gunmen kill DPO in Benue
- World Hijab Day: FOMWAN hails female Muslims for upholding Allah’s command
- JAMB apprehends 6 CBT operators in Kano State
- Kwara govt gives transformers to 11 communities
- Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari