From Ahmed Idris , Birnin Kebbi
The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 28year-old man, Kabiru Hassan, of Kamba town in Dandi local government area of the state for allegedly defiling a teenager of about 8years old in an uncompleted building.
The commissioner of Police in the state, CP Agunbiade Lasore, said that all the reported rape cases in the state would be charged to court as a way of curtailing rape associated crimes in the state.
According to Lasore, “the suspect confessed to the alleged crime and said he lured the 8 year-old girl to an uncompleted building and forcefully had sexual intercourse with her on the 30th of May, 2020.
The commissioner also disclosed that, another suspect, Musa Abubakar of Argungu town in Argungu local government area of the state also confessed that he lured a10 year-old girl to his room at Tudun Wada area of the town and forcefully had sexual intercourse with her.
Lasore however reiterated that the Kebbi state police command under his watch, in collaboration with other security agencies and the likes,whose activities are inimical to the security, safety and wellbeing of the good people of the state would leave no stone unturned towards ensuring that rapists across the state are brought to book.
” I want to state without equivocation that, I am highly miffed with the incessant cases of rape and other sexual and gender based violence, which are barbaric in nature and thereby warned that perpetrators of such crimes should fear Allah and desist forthwith or face the full wrath of the law if arrested,” he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate